In Cloud-computing, two surefire ways to go out of business quickly are: 1. Violate your customer’s privacy 2. Non-compliance with intellectual property law So how does a SaaS company insure compliance with a copyright takedown notice without breaching customer privacy? According to TechCrunch, Dropbox’s new solution is file hashing against a blacklist. The new system…
Tag: file hashing
- Of Luchadors and Attribution: My Current Take on Creative Commons 2.0.
- LEGAL BOILERPLATE: CUTTING AND PASTING IS NOT THE SAME THING AS DRAFTING
- Heartbleed: Another reason to change your passwords
- Dropbox institutes a copyright no-fly list: file hashing against a blacklist
- Google creates cartoon to explain how it complies with Warrant requests